Employment Support

Who is the service for?



If you access NHS Talking Therapies, you will also have access to a specialist employability service, delivered in conjunction with Mental Health Matters. This additional service will give access to Employment Advisors to provide specialist free confidential advice if you are unemployed and looking at gaining employment, as well as support if stress, anxiety and depression are affecting your work. You can find out more about the employment service by heading to the Mental Health Matters Website

Individuals currently accessing NHS Talking Therapies who are employed, off sick from work or are unemployed and looking to find work.

How to access support

You can refer yourself to the NHS Talking Therapies service by calling 024 7667 1090 and speaking to an administrator at their telephone and referral centre (TaRC) who will register your details on their system and begin the process of arranging an assessment appointment. You can also ask your GP or other health/social care professional to refer you to the service. The referrals team will conduct a brief assessment to make sure the service is able to help you.

If you are already receiving treatment from the NHS Talking Therapies service, you can discuss with your therapist whether you would benefit from talking to an employment advisor.